This whole want it Wednesday is becoming to be quite dangerous for me. As I look for the things I would like to feature, I fall in love and then hide my credit card so I am not tempted to purchase any of it! I hope you all can refrain too!
1. Jack Rogers Monogram Navajos– When you mix two of my favorite things together, jacks and anything monogrammed it gets a little dangerous. Plus, this bone color is a great neutral!
2. iConvert Scanner for Ipad Tablet: I saw this in a magazine last month and right away fell in love. I love flipping through magazines and dog-earring articles and looks but often lose them. This little scanner lets your tame your paperwork jungle in your life and capture sharp images to save directly to your photo folder. Another reason I NEED this, my grandmothers old handwritten recipes that I would hate to lose. Bets are on for how long I can hold off from purchasing this magical machine.
3. Enamel Initial Cuff from C.Wonder: So if you have not heard of C.Wonder yet, you need to check it out. This adorable Soho shop (one just opened in the Hampton’s too) is owned by Tory Burch’s ex hubby and won’t disappoint. Items for your home, accessories, and clothes! I could spend hours in the store.
5. J.Crew Flower Latice Necklace: J.Crew is really stepping up their jewelry game lately, and this piece is no exception. It’s breathtaking blooms are crafted of gorgeous hand cut stones and sparkling glass. The only thing awful about the piece is the price, sigh.
What are your want it Wednesday items? I would love to hear! xx
Last night my good friend and I got together and watched our favorite girl Emily Maynard do some major work in Prague.
Two very important things happened last night…
1. Doug went home, finally.
2. Arie did not go home, thank goodness. Although Us Weekly had broke the story two weeks ago that Maynard would be sending the race car driver home after hearing that he had previously had a relationship with a bach producer, the rumors were displayed to be untrue. Arie is definitely a front runner to me, so I would have been super sad to see him go.
Calling it right now, the final three: Shawn, Jef and Arie. Sorry Chris, but your awkward last minute effort to steal Emily away before the last rose last night really turned me off.
Thanks to Possessionista, we have all of Emilys super cute styles from every episode to indulge in! I have to say, I was a super fan of those beaded shorts, but not paired with those boots in middle of the day.
We also saw a reapperance from the adorable Koolaburra Veleta wedge bootie, which I might need to invest in. They just seem to have so much potential!
So next week is home town dates, my favorite and I just can’t wait to see all of the families plus who gets sent home! What was your favorite part of the bachelorette and what was your favorite thing she wore?? xx
Even though I have a severe love for makeup, my day routine is pretty laxed. Throw on some primer, some bronzer and a swipe of mascara and I am good to go. With mascara having such a short life, I am always on the look out for the best one. I hate when it starts smelling after a few months.
Recently Nordstrom had a sale which offered a buy two get one for free, so CPAmom and I of course took advantage of this and bought three that we had never tried before.
1. Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill: I have never loved a mascara so much in my life. I swear by this magical mascara, especially for night time for killer eyes.
2. Dior Blackout: Thickening powder adds staying power to this perfect charcoal-like finish. This is a second favorite, right behind the Armani.
3. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: Although this is my third favorite, it doesn;t mean I don’t love it. This is great for length and fullness, inspired by the on-set technique of layering a lengthening fiber mascara over a volumizing formula.
This weeks five things are all things that I have found while internet surfing that I just cant get over. They all bring a huge smile to my face and totally make me want go on a bike ride and play in the sun.
Boxing legends, Muhammad Ali’s Louis Vuitton ad with his grandson
The beyond talented Emma Stone (major girl crush) glossy cover via Fashionista
J.Crew Catalogue from Spring 1998, makes me want to grab a bike and ride!
These adorable jack cookies are beyond perfect, going to figure out how to make them!
Amanda Peet playing with her two girls in her backyard, warms my heart! (see more pics here)
In honor of National Wear Your Lilly Day, here is a post all about Lilly Pulitzer. It is not a secret that I just adore everything she does, from her clothes to her adorable coffee mugs! Her dresses are the perfect in between for day, night and the pool and give a girl that classy look everyone aimes for. It is scary to think it all just started with a juice stand.
Here are the dresses on my most wanted list, I am seeing how long I can go without taking my intern paycheck directly to the store.
1. MarieKate Dress: This lace dress would be oh so perfect for a cocktail party, plus I have a soft spot for anything green (go state!).
2. Kolby Dress: I am a HUGE fan of the lp shift dress, I just think there is something about how simple and flattering that makes it such a statement. It is the perfect balance of pretty girl-y and naughty zip-up-the-front-fun. Plus, can you stand that bright blue??
3. Clyde Dress: This Strapless dipped print is just too perfect for a beachy dinner; I just can’t handle the adorable lobsters and anchors!
It’s mid week, or as CPAmom likes to call it “hump day”, and I can’t get over this weeks Wednesday Want List. Most of it is featuring one of my favorite bloggers Mackenzie Horans Botique that I am newly obsessed with. If I could I would shower my room with all of her adorable goods. Also follow her delightful blog here. Anyways, here are the things I am lusting over this week–
1. Design Darling Monkey Candle Sticks: I am going bananas for these candle sticks which are sure to make your living space more playful.Add a fun long candle stick (i love the hot pink shown here) to contrast the white.
2. Greek Note Cards: I am a sucker for hand written notes. I love technology and all, but nothing makes me more happy than to receive a heart felt hand written note. This inslee card is perfect for a casual hello or a heartfelt thank you!
3. K.Slademade Fold Over Clutch: This product is handmade and is unique in itself, I love this pink color and the contrast of the zipper. I encourage you to take advantage of this adorable site, which makes the cutest clutches and bags perfect for gifts. Also check out her blog here!
4. Jack Rogers Sorority Navajo: It is no secret that I love my jacks, I should actually start keeping count on how many times I mention them on my blog. But these black and gold sandals are great, plus they are my sorority colors! These sorority colored Navajos are perfect for football games, recruitment, and walks around campus.Plus, black and gold are perfect neutrals to match any outfit!
So we all know that tanning beds cause cancer. We all know that going out in the sun with out the proper sun protection could be detrimental to your health and skin. Not only does sun screen lower your risks of skin cancers but it also saves your skin from those yucky unwanted lines and wrinkles. So why should one subject their lovely skin to any of those awful rays?! Well it is no secret that everyone wants that lovely summer glow, but it is not necessary for you to go lay in front of the hurtful rays or in an unsanitary tanning bed for that beautiful faux tan. I found the best self tanners that deliver the best results and are the easiest for at home use!
1. Banana Boat Sunless Summer Color Self Tanning Lotion: Don’t let the low price scare you from not being as great or maybe even better than those expensive brands. I swear by this drugstore item and suggest it to everyone. It comes in two possible shades, I use the deep dark which works perfect on medium/olive skin colors.
2. Lancome’s flash bronzer: A formula featuring DHA and Natural Caramel Extract guarantees a gorgeous golden while antioxidant-rich pure Vitamin E helps keep free radicals from doing future damage, and moisturizing ingredients leave skin feeling satiny-soft. This is for those who are looking for some instant gratification with color surfacing in just 30 minutes.
3. The Tan Towel: Perfect for first time tanners because of the easy baby wipe like towelette which will give you a quick and even application from head to toe with no streaks, mess or fuss. The towel’s formula which works with the proteins and amino acids in your skin, produces a healthy and natural sunless tan in just a few hours. These babies are perfect for travel to, just throw a few in your bag!
4. Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel: I just had to try this must-have award winning self tanner and beauty editor favorite! delivers a quick, streak-free, natural golden colour without sitting in the sun. A non-oily, lightweight gel, it’s easy to apply and dries quickly, which is perfect if you want to get dressed right away! This is a high competitor for my favorite against the banana boat!
Every Friday I will post on five special things that happened this week that were extra amazing and I want to share with all of you!
1. New Jack Rogers, it’s no secret how much I love these perfect sandals! (follow them on twitter too)
2. Pretty Flowers sent to me at work, love the pink Gerber daisies
3. My new prized possession earrings from our recent trip from Boston. I found this new store NRO, which is now my new obsession! I also scooped up this green Patagonia for the fall! These earrings reminded me of two of my favorite bloggers, The College Prepster and Design Darling.
4. The room at the event I attended this past weekend, was beautiful! Notice the hanging butterflies similar to the ones hanging in Nieman Marcus.
5. Homemade donuts from this recipe were beyond easy and such a hit! All you needed was buttermilk biscuits, vegetable oil, a stick of butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Will for sure make those again! Here is a glaze recipe too!
So it is no secret of how beauty obsessed I am, so the near thought of receiving a package every month of the newest and greatest beauty products was a dream come true. I had recently read about Birchbox in the New York Times about the newest beauty company on the scene. So when i decided to finally sign up I was put on a four week waiting list to be entered into this “club”, which is the best way to describe this feeling. Less than three weeks later I got the email notified me that I could officially sign up for the birchbox subscription.
A little background about birchbox: Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and build points every time you buy something to put towards your next purchase. It is actually a little bit genius. Anyways, I received my first box yesterday (alerted via picture text message from comicbrother) which made it even harder to not be coming home till late because of prior plans. Here is the rundown of my box.
3. Stile-One Step Bronze: This was the best thing in my box! They sent a full size, and I couldn’t wait to try it out. CPAmom and I both used it this morning in our morning routine and it gave us such a fresh look, perfect for that natural summer glow. Definitely satisfied!
4. theBalm cosmetics-Stainiac in Beauty Queen: Saw this on the video preview and was hoping it would be in my box. This two-in-one lip and cheek stain is perfect to throw in my bag for a weekend outing. I will let you all know how it is!
They also threw in a Lifestyle Extra which was this adorable printed plastic Bag from tili. It is perfect for throwing your beauty products in for travel. I think I may need to order a few more! I was overall very satisfied with my box and can’t wait for my July edition featuring the team at Glamour Magazine, enjoy! xx
So after following my favorite beauty gal in the biz, Eva Chen (follow her on twitter or her tumblr), I decided to try out some of her suggested products! Now being the big editor she is, she has many more resources than I do but I did still want to try out all of the fun products that she swears by. I think the biggest down fall of trying a new product is the fear of spending all of this money and then not being satisfied. That’s when the entrepreneur side of us all comes out. It is no secret that I am a beauty product junkie, I hoard products that I think I may have use for in my many makeup bags until the new ones force them to the trash. Per Eva’s suggestions of her nightly skincare ritual I made some notes on what products I would like to try for nighttime and day.
With that being said, after yoga last night, CPAmom and I headed over to the mall to visit the makeup counters. Side note: if you are ever in the market for new beauty products, head to the counters about 30 minutes before closing time. The employees were free and happy to help us! We told the makeup artists that we were interested in trying some products and asked if they could supply us with some samples so we could try them out before making the big purchase. Skin care products are NOT cheap so you definitely want to make sure you try the right one! I plan on trying them in the next few days so look out for the reviews, enjoy! xx