Yesterday was a crazy day at work, I have never had more to do. I even gave up on a trip to the mall last night so I could stay at work to get more done…I know scary to think about! But imagine my excitement when I came home from this long day to find that my July Birchbox had come! I was looking forward to this one in particular since it was going to be a collaboration with one of my favorite magazines, Glamour!
Drum roll please…
1. Amika Opliphica Nourishing Hair Mask: This lush mask works as a weekly treatment or an everyday deep conditioner. In the shower, smooth a generous amount through damp hair, concentrating on the ends. Let the mask sink in for two to five minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm water.
2. Amika Obliphica Hair Treatment: Apply a few drops to the palms of your hands and smooth evenly through damp hair before styling to protect against heat. We also love to use it on dry hair — smooth a couple drops from the mid-length through ends of hair for extra shine and smoothness.
3. Boscia B.B. Cream SPF 27:After washing your face, apply a quarter-sized amount onto clean, dry skin. For best results, apply in small circular motions, gently pressing into skin. There’s no need to follow with concealer or foundation. Build for additional coverage.
4. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner: If you’re a liner novice, draw a few dots as close to your upper lashes as possible with the tip and then connect the dots. More advanced users can trace a single stroke across their lashline.
5. Harvey Prince Hello Perfume: Apply to pulse points — wrists, neck, behind your ears, inner elbow. To make it last all day (and night), spritz a tiny bit on the ends of your hair.
Friday night after work we headed out to our boat with some family friends. We took the boat on a ride to this litte seafood place on the water. After dinner we drove down the shore to wear the riverwalk is downtown. I saw my office building as well as a bunch of other Detroit landmarks. Here are a few of the photos I snapped, don’t drool too much! xx
This past week has gone by real fast! Between the holiday on Wednesday and big projects at the office it seemed to be a short and quick week! With a trip to Seattle coming up, I am trying my best to stay out of the stores and save money but there are a few things I just cant resist/ gave in and bought. enjoy, xx!
Im dying for this little red and blue tunic, it would be oh so perfect for sorority recruitment, or just anything in general. I first saw this little gem on one my new favorite blogs With Love From, Kat (you should follow her) and just fell in love.
This tunic from Sail to Sable is just beyond and would be the perfect addition to anyones summer wardbrobe. It comes in a bunch of other colors/prints and the shop also has pillows, placemats and napkins. The cute tunics look adorable with a pair of jack rogers too!
CPAmom and HS were in new york last weekend for a wedding and brought home some of my favorite things. They definitely out did themselves, but I’m not complaining! It almost felt like Christmas!
1. NARS Laguna Bronzer: If there is on product I can’t live with out, its this one step wonder. I swear it looks like you have been away on a tropical vacation while wearing it. I have been wearing this since middle school, it was my first big girl makeup purchase. Ever since, I have turned all of my girlfriends on it, even the ones who once thought it was silly to spend $34 on a bronzer.
3. Mally Shadow Stick in Dusk: Got this two summers ago and needed to restock. Mally is only available online and at Bendels. One swipe of this stick and you are good to go!
4. PRADA Candy Perfume: This new scent has been on my wish list, so I have to say this was my favorite. This actually smells just like candy and I have to admit that I was so in love when I first got it, I wore it to bed.
7. C.Wonder Cuff: I am everything but a biker chick, and I look silly wearing anything of the sort but when I saw this little bracelet I had to give it a try. If you are going for that trend but don’t want to go all out, this is perfect for you!
This whole want it Wednesday is becoming to be quite dangerous for me. As I look for the things I would like to feature, I fall in love and then hide my credit card so I am not tempted to purchase any of it! I hope you all can refrain too!
1. Jack Rogers Monogram Navajos– When you mix two of my favorite things together, jacks and anything monogrammed it gets a little dangerous. Plus, this bone color is a great neutral!
2. iConvert Scanner for Ipad Tablet: I saw this in a magazine last month and right away fell in love. I love flipping through magazines and dog-earring articles and looks but often lose them. This little scanner lets your tame your paperwork jungle in your life and capture sharp images to save directly to your photo folder. Another reason I NEED this, my grandmothers old handwritten recipes that I would hate to lose. Bets are on for how long I can hold off from purchasing this magical machine.
3. Enamel Initial Cuff from C.Wonder: So if you have not heard of C.Wonder yet, you need to check it out. This adorable Soho shop (one just opened in the Hampton’s too) is owned by Tory Burch’s ex hubby and won’t disappoint. Items for your home, accessories, and clothes! I could spend hours in the store.
5. J.Crew Flower Latice Necklace: J.Crew is really stepping up their jewelry game lately, and this piece is no exception. It’s breathtaking blooms are crafted of gorgeous hand cut stones and sparkling glass. The only thing awful about the piece is the price, sigh.
What are your want it Wednesday items? I would love to hear! xx
Last night my good friend and I got together and watched our favorite girl Emily Maynard do some major work in Prague.
Two very important things happened last night…
1. Doug went home, finally.
2. Arie did not go home, thank goodness. Although Us Weekly had broke the story two weeks ago that Maynard would be sending the race car driver home after hearing that he had previously had a relationship with a bach producer, the rumors were displayed to be untrue. Arie is definitely a front runner to me, so I would have been super sad to see him go.
Calling it right now, the final three: Shawn, Jef and Arie. Sorry Chris, but your awkward last minute effort to steal Emily away before the last rose last night really turned me off.
Thanks to Possessionista, we have all of Emilys super cute styles from every episode to indulge in! I have to say, I was a super fan of those beaded shorts, but not paired with those boots in middle of the day.
We also saw a reapperance from the adorable Koolaburra Veleta wedge bootie, which I might need to invest in. They just seem to have so much potential!
So next week is home town dates, my favorite and I just can’t wait to see all of the families plus who gets sent home! What was your favorite part of the bachelorette and what was your favorite thing she wore?? xx
Even though I have a severe love for makeup, my day routine is pretty laxed. Throw on some primer, some bronzer and a swipe of mascara and I am good to go. With mascara having such a short life, I am always on the look out for the best one. I hate when it starts smelling after a few months.
Recently Nordstrom had a sale which offered a buy two get one for free, so CPAmom and I of course took advantage of this and bought three that we had never tried before.
1. Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill: I have never loved a mascara so much in my life. I swear by this magical mascara, especially for night time for killer eyes.
2. Dior Blackout: Thickening powder adds staying power to this perfect charcoal-like finish. This is a second favorite, right behind the Armani.
3. Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara: Although this is my third favorite, it doesn;t mean I don’t love it. This is great for length and fullness, inspired by the on-set technique of layering a lengthening fiber mascara over a volumizing formula.
This weeks five things are all things that I have found while internet surfing that I just cant get over. They all bring a huge smile to my face and totally make me want go on a bike ride and play in the sun.
Boxing legends, Muhammad Ali’s Louis Vuitton ad with his grandson
The beyond talented Emma Stone (major girl crush) glossy cover via Fashionista
J.Crew Catalogue from Spring 1998, makes me want to grab a bike and ride!
These adorable jack cookies are beyond perfect, going to figure out how to make them!
Amanda Peet playing with her two girls in her backyard, warms my heart! (see more pics here)
In honor of National Wear Your Lilly Day, here is a post all about Lilly Pulitzer. It is not a secret that I just adore everything she does, from her clothes to her adorable coffee mugs! Her dresses are the perfect in between for day, night and the pool and give a girl that classy look everyone aimes for. It is scary to think it all just started with a juice stand.
Here are the dresses on my most wanted list, I am seeing how long I can go without taking my intern paycheck directly to the store.
1. MarieKate Dress: This lace dress would be oh so perfect for a cocktail party, plus I have a soft spot for anything green (go state!).
2. Kolby Dress: I am a HUGE fan of the lp shift dress, I just think there is something about how simple and flattering that makes it such a statement. It is the perfect balance of pretty girl-y and naughty zip-up-the-front-fun. Plus, can you stand that bright blue??
3. Clyde Dress: This Strapless dipped print is just too perfect for a beachy dinner; I just can’t handle the adorable lobsters and anchors!